Saturday, May 18, 2013

There's nothing better...


...than, walking out of work to see a beautiful sunset.

On my mission, I had the most incredible experiences of my life!  I had never known such pure and real and lasting happiness, but there were definitely days when I just didn't feel adequate or when things hadn't gone as I would have hoped or even days when I was just so tired I didn't think I could keep going, and without fail, every night I felt like this, I'd look up and there would be the most perfect sunset.  As if someone had painted it in the sky, just for me.

Those moments still bring peace to my heart, because to me, at the end of those long, hard, and sometimes painful days, I could see the hand of my Lord, His work, clearly painted in the sky as if to say, "Audrea, I love you.  I could tell you needed to remember that tonight, so I painted the sky, just for you. So you would know, that I care about you and love you more than you will ever really know."

I'm home, now and many aspects of my life have changed since my mission came to a close, but I am thankful to say that I know Heavenly Father still paints the sky for me.  

My sunsets have taught me that President Monson was right when he advised Elder Carl B. Cook that, "it is better to look up!"  And so, I hope, that when you need a reminder from Heaven that you are loved, that you too will look up and see the painted sky and know that Father did it for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment