Friday, May 17, 2013

Keeping things in perspective...

I'm on the team member shuttle heading into work at Universal. I work 5pm-12:30am and let's just say, it's not my idea of fun Friday night plans.

But! In keeping with my goal to look for the positive in life and keep things in perspective, I want to share with you two things I truly love about my job!!!

1) I have to wear either a baseball cap or a visor anytime I work! While I am not generally a fan of hats or visors, these little accessories to my uniform free me from the compulsive urge to wash, blow dry, straighten, and/or style my hair that I am generally faced with when I go out in public! Instead of primping for close to an hour, I either throw my hair up (wet) into a too knot bun thingy or some kind of simple braid! Today I'm sporting a pony turned fishtail braid! Easy peasy!!!

2) I have to change into my uniform at work, so I can wear whatever I want into work!  Yes, this too allows me the freedom to spend less time getting ready for work and more time doing more important things! Instead of having to care for my uniform at home, I get to change into a clean, freshly laundered, neatly pressed uniform once I arrive.  And that means, I don't have to rummage through my closet for something to wear that makes me feel cute!  I can go for comfort all the way!  Case in point? Work out shorts, a t-shirt, and flip flops!

Well, the shuttle is arriving at wardrobe now, so I must rush off to don the khaki pants and jungle shirt that constitutes my lovely uniform.  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment