Monday, May 27, 2013

Tender Mercies

So, you'll never guess what today is.  I'd say guess, but you'd likely not guess correctly, so I'll just tell you.  Today marks exactly six months since I returned home from my mission.  These last six months have been hard.  Hardly a day has passed when I haven't missed my mission, but I feel like things are finally turning around for me.  I've had a lot of things made clear to me over the last couple of days and I finally feel like I'm on the path of true change and happiness.

So, with today marking 6 months since my return, it was truly a tender mercy when my phone rang tonight.  I did not recognize the number in the caller ID so I declined the call, hoping whoever was calling would leave a message
If it was important.  It didn't take long for a voicemail notification to come through and as I listened to the message, my heart jumped for joy and I hurried to retune the call!  Within a couple of minutes, I got to talk to Elsa and Jim, two of the people I taught on my mission who became very dear to me!  I just love them so much and they had called simply because they had thought of me and wanted to tell me they loved and missed me.  It just made my whole day and their
call could not have come on a better day. It just warmed my whole soul to talk to them and I am so grateful for their lover and support as well as the love and support of my Father in heaven, who I truly believe inspired that phone call.

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so beautiful Audrea! Especially that it was Elsa&Jim who called. I love your uplifting words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! It was so good to hear from them! They're getting ready to head back to California for the summer. I sure miss you!

      Delete