Friday, June 7, 2013

This is what happiness tastes like...

Ok, so this blog is about seeking happiness, right?  Well, I like to think that happiness can be found with any of our five senses.  Sight, smell, touch, hearing, and even taste.  So, I think something I want to try is to do a post on each of the senses and how those things make me happy.  We'll see how it goes, but I want to start with happiness in the form of taste!

Aaron Tveit as Enjolras
I found this recipe a few months ago and I was dying to try it and last night, a couple of friends and I got together to watch the series premier of "Graceland" and make this drink! Let me tell you, it was well worth the wait (for the drink and the show!)

Ok, I have to go on a brief tangent...Graceland is a new show on USA about a bunch of undercover agents from different government agencies that all live together and it looks like it's going to be really good, but what got me interested in the first place is that it stars Aaron Tveit!  I fell in fan girl love with him when he played the role of Enjolras in the Les Mis movie and since I saw the first commercial for Graceland I was super excited to see it.  So...back to the drink...
Just look at this!  Try to tell me it doesn't look like happiness in a cup!

I have always been a fan of non-alcoholic mixed drinks, especially strawberry daiquiris and pina coladas, but this drink, THIS drink, takes the cake!  It's the best of both worlds and really, words can't describe how happy this made my taste buds!  And the best part about it, is that the pina colada mix that the recipe teaches you how to make is only about 500% better than any store bought mix I've ever tried!  So, I will give you three simple words of advice that could quiet possibly change your life and those word are as follows:  TRY. THIS. NOW.  I promise you, you will not regret it!

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2012/06/lava-flow-drink-non-alcoholic.html


No comments:

Post a Comment